Friday, January 16, 2004

Stairs!!!

We have stairs! Pretty exciting. The demo work is done and the stairwell is opened up. They are framing the main stairs and the closet today. They also got the kitchen switched around so that the fridge is on the opposite wall from the stove. I talked to Dave today about the railing. He said, although the sun room has a framed railing, the main stairs will not because the plan calls for open spindles. Therefore, I’m on my own. I think I can build something that is sturdy, safe, and decent looking. But, I’m not sure I can build something that will pass the city inspection. I’d hate to build something just to have some bureaucrat come along and tell me to rip it all out. We’ll see.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home