No, not Jim Morrison (although he is my uncle, no really). Two more doors and one new problem. I got the door to the 2nd bathroom upstairs and the door to the main closet hung. These two went pretty smoothly. I might even go as far as to say that I may be getting the hang of it. That said, I won’t be volunteering to hang family / friends / neighbor’s doors any time soon. Hard work.
Main Closet Under the Stairs.
2nd Upstairs Bathroom Door.
The new problem though is that the master closet doorway was framed a full inch too narrow. Grrrrrrrr. I never thought that I should measure these things while the framers were still here (that was nearly 2 years ago now). Now, it would be pretty hard to widen the doorway without doing some serious collateral damage. Jenn suggested that I cut the door an inch more narrow. But, the new doors are veneer making that a tricky operation. One thought though is the cut one of the old original doors. They appear to be solid old growth fur. So, the new plan is to pull the original door currently being used as the master suite door and trim it down one inch on the hinge side then hang it as the closet door. Not sure when I’ll do this since our main objective now is to just get the building permits closed.
Master Closet Door (not hung yet)
Degree of Difficulty: has a funny indent and is not a stardard width
Speaking of building permits, the Final Electrical inspection is tomorrow morning (between 8am and 12pm). Hopefully this will go a little better than the last two inspections. What we really need is an additional 6 month extension. That will be our last. We’ve really got to get the last few things finished. No more delays.
Also, speaking of Jenn, she’s been working hard painting and has agreed to also make contributions to this blog. Whew, it was just too much work for me... :-)