Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Doing the Doors

I've started work on the interior doors. There are 6 of them all together. Each one is a 30" fir single panel door made by Rouge Valley Doors. The hardware is oiled bronze with glass knobs from Rejuvenation. 5 of the door latches are tube latches, which are very easy to install. You just have to drill out a 7/8" hole about 3 1/2" deep and the tube shaped latch assembly slides right in. Then you just have to drill another 1/2" hole crosswise for the door knob shaft. I installed the latch and hinges on the 1st door and I hope to have it hung by tomorrow. Here are some pictures.



More Pictures

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous door!

11:43 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Derek said...

Nice door! We have similiar doors in our house. Those new locksets sound a lot easier that the old mortise style ones.

8:42 AM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the door, love the hardware, LOVE the wall color! i think my husband would revolt if i painted something purple!

8:52 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Greg said...

@laurie, thanks for your kind words.

@derek, yes, I like the tube latch. But, I will still need to put in a mortise latch for the bathroom door that needs both a knob and skeleton key lock (more later).

@sheila, ha! This is Jenn's room and she picked the color. I'll make sure she reads gets your comment. :-)

12:54 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Greg said...

That is a beautiful door. I love the color of fir.

7:06 PM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Greg, are your handles glass or crystal or plastic?

11:47 PM, May 11, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

They are glass. I got them from Rejuvenation. Plastic is a big no no in Craftsman (natural materials are stressed).

12:07 AM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Beans from Denver said...

Greg and Jenn, beautiful doors! If I could be so bold as to ask the price per door? I'm guessing that you bought slabs and not pre-hung? Was pre-hung an option? Are the doors custom or stock? Once again beautifull doors!

Kevin from Denver

9:14 PM, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

Hi Kevin. The doors are stock 30" fir panel and frame from Rogue Valley. There is a link to their web site in the original post. I think I paid about $200 per door, but I can't remember exactly. I believe there is an option to get them pre-hung, but I wanted to use those specific hinges.

9:46 PM, May 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home