Sunday, May 14, 2006

Casing the Joint

I was able to spend a little time working on the livingroom window trim casing this weekend. I'm really very happy with how the headers are turning out. I just like the look of craftsman style casing headers. It is one of the things that attracts me to this style and they are fun and rewarding to build. With each one I add to the house, it some how becomes a little more 'Craftsman'. Fun.


The livingroom windows are waiting to be trimmed.


Jenn holds the right side casing header. I really like this look.


I must assemble each header, glue and clamp them. These 36" clams are a bear for this kind of work. Since I'm going to have to build dozens of these headers over the next few weeks, now may be a good time to invest in some more manageable clamps.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Your woodwork is very like ours. We think our 2-flat has a craftsman feel to it. Nice work there.

6:11 PM, May 20, 2006  
Blogger Pearl Chow said...

Hi, Can you tell me what size stock you used for the side casings and top casing? Was it 1x4 S4S? I noticed the top casing looks a little bit bigger. Was that 1x5?
Thanks!

9:11 AM, September 16, 2006  
Blogger Greg said...

Funny, someone else just asked me that question on Flickr. Here is the answer. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillsdalehouse/156147157/

3:09 PM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home