Monday, May 29, 2006

Wainscoting Update

Whew, after 3 days of working on the wainscoting in the upstairs hallway and stairwell, I'm tired. I fell short of my goals (don't I always), but still did manage to transform the look of those areas. I got all of the baseboards in, the panels are up too, and got about 2/3 of the rails up. Next I just need to finish putting up the rails and then the framing trim. I'm too tired to type much more so here are a bunch of pictures (btw, Jenn spent the entire weekend working in the yard and is pretty tired too).

Here is the upstairs hallway as seen from the "office nook".
Wainscoting the Hallway

The office nook
The Office Nook

3 different finish nails.
Finish Nails
I'm using 4p, 8p, and 16p finish nails.

Upstairs looking towards the sunroom
Upstairs Hallway

The stairs (no rails yet)

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Wow! That looks awesome! I love the yellow walls and the sconces, too.

2:25 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

are those Rejuvenation sconces? They look kind of like the ones we ordered...

5:09 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger Greg said...

Not Rejuvenation (although I love their stuff). We had to buy something like 30 sconces so Rejuvenation wasn't in our budget. I got these like 2 years ago so my memory is pretty foggy. But, if I were to guess, I'd say these are Minka Lavery.

7:02 PM, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home