Thursday, September 28, 2006

Did you fix the light yet?

The city inspector was here this morning. The first question he asked after exchanging pleasantries was about the closet lights. A comment was registered on our permit by the electrical inspector six months ago that the recessed lighting in the closet was not code. He told me then that a recessed light's light bulb must be covered with a glass lens, or the light bulb could be replaced with a sealed beam.

"Did you fix the recess lighting in the upstairs closet?"
"What? Oh, you mean replace the light bulb?"
"Did you fix it?"
"Umm, well, no."
"Well" he said slowly "this is going to be a short inspection."

He was right, it was a short inspection. So, I absolutely positively must replace three recessed light fixture trims with ones that include a glass lens. I now have 6 months to get this done. I think I can do that.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that fluorescent fixtures will meet code too — some of the smaller circular fluorescents are perfect for closets.

10:11 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

Meh, I got the lenses as the city requires. I just need to mount them and call the city before our next expiration date. :-) Funny though, I have been thinking that they don't really work that well in that space and was thinking about converting to track lighting...

7:20 PM, January 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice way to do work. I think that its very easy to work on this kind of project.

11:38 PM, July 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home