Redoing Sunroom Ply
I have worked on the sunroom ceiling for the past 2 nights. Finally, the vision is starting to become reality. I decided Tuesday night to redo the plywood and enclose the small pockets on either end of the room. This makes for a simpler, cleaner look, but also makes it a lot easier to assemble and make it look decent. I wish I had thought of it sooner. So, I got the new look plywood up last night and started the framing trim molding. I finished the eastern half of the ceiling trim and hope to finish the rest tonight. I like that word ‘finished’. I’m looking forward to using it more often.
I have to say the trim molding looks pretty good. Not perfect, but definitely better than my worst fears. The miter joints are a little loose, but considering the difficulty level, I’m not too unhappy about them. I am hoping a little wood fill and some sanding and they will end up looking pretty good.