Wednesday, December 15, 2004

We Have Gutters!!!

We now have gutters! Very cool! They are the most basic, plain, simple gutters that one can get. But, they look good and it appears Pacific NW Gutter Serivce did a good job. They did exactly what I asked them down to each bit of detail. That’s got to be the only job that has gone so well with this house. It only took them about 2 hours to do the entire job. I only had them do the lower roof and the sunroom. I didn’t have them put gutters on the dormers. They also put a scoop in for the balcony drain. These plus 4 downspouts was a whopping $545: one of the cheapest additions to the house. All of the downspouts drain to the ground surface. I’m a little concerned that this will lead to more flooding of the basement, but I don’t have much in the way of alternatives. I’m hoping that improvements to the grading will help at least some. Also, I’m going to try and trench the back gutter so that it draws water away from the house. Someday I also want to put a rain barrel in, but probably not until after the house is inspected. :-) Rain barrels are now legal in Portland, but I’d just assume have the fewest things possible that may raise the inspector’s suspicions.

Pacific Northwest Gutter Service
3855 SE 136th Ave
Portland, OR
(503) 760-1761

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you havent found any rainbarrels to your liking, check out www.rainbarrelman.com, they are the most attractive barrels on the market today.

12:25 AM, April 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home