Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Lazy Summer

It has been a warm and lazy summer here. As much as I need to work on the interior stairs, we've been mostly kicking back and relaxing on our new back porch. Ahhh.

But, last night I finally got the sealant coat on the treads for the main stairs. That's the first step in applying the finish. Hopefully I can finish the finish by this weekend and start working on either the railing on the main stairs or the treads in the sunroom.

I've been trying to hire someone to paint the trim on our house. That's not easy when you consider that most house painters are pretty busy this time of year. Most of the people I called out of the phonebook never returned my calls. I did get one guy in to look at the house. He gave me a written estimate that seemed very high. I finally got a second guy who said his fee would be in the same range as the first guy, but the second guy never got back to me with a written estimate. So, I decided to bite the bullet and hire the first guy, but now he isn't returning my calls either. *sigh*

It is just so much easier just to relax on the back porch and watch the warm lazy summer go by.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home