Sunday, October 09, 2005

Stair Railing Are All In Place

Well, I finally finished getting all of the railings in place for both the main stairs and the sunroom. Whew, that was a lot of work. It didn't seem like it would be that bad, but it took hour after hour after hour to get them all measured, cut, and put together. Don't quit your day job, Greg.

This weekend it was all sunroom stairs. I spent about 16 hours getting the railing all put together. Saturday, I got the newel posts, handrails, and baseboards in place. Today was spindles. It took 3 spindle assemblies to get the steps covered, then 6 more for the top of the stairs. While I worked on assembling the spindles, Jenn was busy sanding the 1x1 stock. What a team!

Tomorrow is the a big moment of truth for the house. I've scheduled a 'final' inspection with the city. I don't honestly expect to pass, but I do hope to at least get a list of 'code violations' so that I can start knocking those off. The only problem is that the permits are due to expire on Wednesday (10/12). I believe I'm entitled to one more extension, but I'm not absolutely sure. We'll see. Tomorrow is a big day.

And now, some pictures:

Main Stairs:




Sunroom:





NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home