Thursday, September 22, 2005

Good News!

The good news is that the painter is done with the exterior trim. Yippee! And, I must say, it looks very good. I was a bit skeptical earlier about loosing the wood tones and textures, but the newly painted trim looks sharp and helps the cedar shingles stand out more. Very nice. Plus, the painter says he found some mold on parts of the over hang, which makes me that much more relieved we got this done before winter. I'll post new pictures and more information about the painter next week.

The other bit of good news is that we WON'T be working on the house this weekend. Yippee!!! Jenn and I are spending the weekend in Ashland, OR to see the 2005 Oregon Shakespeare Festival. For the past 70 years, Ashland has staged world class productions of Shakespeare as well as other plays. This year, we're going to see 12th Night, Dr. Faustus (Marlowe), and Richard III (love that War of the Roses stuff!).

While we're enjoying ourselves in southern Oregon, I'm sure we'll still be thinking about those in the Gulf Coast. It now appears that Hurricane Rita is headed straight for Houston, TX. I know people in Houston. The company I work for has a division in Houston and I work with them frequently. I'm happy to report that their office shutdown early Wednesday morning and they all evacuated the area, though I haven't heard from them since. Hopefully they'll be OK and the storm isn't as bad as predicted. Let's hope.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I’m envious. Ashland is a wonderful little town to visit…AND you get to see Shakespeare.

7:48 PM, September 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home