Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Project: The Bike Door

Today I was able to get the door mounted and trimmed for the bike storage under our main stairs. This completes the carpentry phase of this project. I will need to stain and finish the wood the next time Jenn takes William out for a weekend.

Saturday, I got the glass mounted in the door. It took longer than I had hoped, because I cut the glass a bit long. If you've ever cut glass, you know that it's hard to cut less than a half inch off. You can either snip at it, or grind it off. I decided to go buy a grinder. I know I'll be needing it again.

Here is the door. I put it on the front porch to get the picture.


Here is the door in place. I like how this all turned out.


Here is the "before" shot taken two years ago. Wow!

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL job!! Love the photos!

Libby

3:43 PM, November 14, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh, thanks. I'm staining the door right now and hope to have some "completion" pics soon.

4:07 PM, November 14, 2007  
Blogger mike said...

Fantastic work!
I've got a very simular set of stairs -- I like the shoe shelves you put in. I'd like to do something simular, put with a secret door. What are the boxes to the left/top of the shelves?

12:37 AM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Mike. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by boxes?

1:25 PM, November 25, 2007  
Blogger mike said...

Sorry, "boxes" wasn't a very good description. I meant the spaces to the immediate left of the shelves, and on top of the top shelf -- between the shelves and the stair risers.

9:21 AM, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

Hmm, I think maybe some trim? Not sure. Here is a link to another angle that might help.

Quarter View of Stairs

Also, here are a bunch more pictures of the stairs at various stages.

57 pictures of our stairs.

Hope this helps.

11:03 PM, November 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. you have done an amazing job!

1:01 PM, March 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home