Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunroom Progress

I was able to work on the sunroom this weekend, the first time in a while. The current focus was a pair of doors for the storage area under the stairs. I got them built, but didn't have time to mount them. I hope to pick that up during the week or next weekend. I'm pretty much done with the carpentry work and will start the finish work soon. The room is going to need a lot of sanding... I'm still optimistic that I can have this room, plus Williams room done before his 1st birthday in May.

Here's some pics:

The Two Doors


Wide View of the Stairs


The "Before" Pic

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

The doors look so nice.

6:56 AM, March 28, 2008  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks, Sandy. These are my 6th pair of doors and they have turned out the best.

7:58 AM, March 28, 2008  
Blogger Ethan@OneProjectCloser said...

The doors (and other work) look impressive. I'm a big fan of all the hard woods. Did you have to cut the glass?

6:48 AM, April 05, 2008  
Blogger Allison1888 said...

Nice work. I also love the hard wood look.

5:08 PM, April 06, 2008  
Blogger Greg said...

@ethan, yes, I just use a simple hand held glass cutter. I also have a cheap water-cooled grinder.

@allison, thanks.

8:43 PM, April 06, 2008  
Blogger Ryan and Emma said...

Great job! I never realized when I commented on your photo in Flickr that you were in Portland! Hoe cool.

Nice blog too!
Ryan

1:04 PM, April 18, 2008  
Blogger Greg said...

Ha, yep, I'm one of those rare Portland natives. Thanks again for your support. I'll have more posts soon.

1:10 PM, April 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,

Can you please list the dimensions of your wainscoting and trim? I am getting ready to do mine.

I really enjoy your website.

2:33 PM, January 04, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

Mark, crap! Sorry that I didn't respond to this sooner.

I'm not sure what all you need here. I did some basic guesswork while walking through various old houses. I've picked some dimensions that I've tried to keep consistent.

The wainscoting is 3ft high. The rail (or header) at the top sticks out 1.5". The baseboards throughout the house are 4" as are most door and window casings. In general, all stock is 13/16" and either 1", 1.5", 2", 3", or 4". The panels are 1/4" ply and the framing here uses 1/4" by 1.5" stock.

Hope this helps and good luck.

4:18 PM, January 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just what I was looking for, and just in time! Thanks so much, enjoy some peace and quiet now that you are at a break point.

Mark

11:05 AM, January 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home