Not too much to report. I’ve been kind of lazy lately and I’ve let a few things slide. I did manage to get the foil insulation over the Kraft paper in the ‘dead space’ above the 2nd floor hallway. It wasn’t too hard and it actually looks better than the partially torn up paper. I also pulled the TV cable and phone wires into place. I still need to get the rigid insulation in the place where the dining room window was. This probably will have no effect on the overall R rating of the house, but I still feel I need to put something there. I’ve also been thinking about maybe putting more ‘reflective’ foil insulation in the dead space above the front porch against the west side of the upstairs. I’m afraid that this area above the porches will get hot and might radiate into the house, especially the west side. But, I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort.
I still need to file that addendum to the plans and schedule an inspection of the insulation.