Monday, May 03, 2004

Arbor Over the Garage Door

Over the weekend, I installed the braces for the trellis above the garage door. Naturally, it took longer than I thought, but I got it done. It didn’t go up nearly a perfect as I had hoped, but I think it is good enough. Some disappointments are that the middle two braces are closer together than they are to the outer two. In other words, going from left to right, the 1st and 2nd braces are 30 inches apart, and the 3rd and 4th are also 30 inches apart, but the 2nd and 3rd are just under 29 inches apart. Surprisingly, it’s not noticeable, I guess because it remains symmetric. Still, I would have liked to have gotten them more evenly spaced. I should sit down and figure out why the calculations came out wrong…
The real disappointment is that the drywallers did not work this weekend. It seems they did show up Saturday evening, because someone left some scaffolding next to the garage. Then, Jenn saw their truck idling out in front of our house Sunday morning. But, they only sat there for maybe a couple minutes then drove off. Very strange. I just hope they show up tonight, especially since I plan to have a beer with a friend tonight and won’t be around past about 5:50pm. In the two days they did show up, it was just before 5pm, so we should be OK, I hope.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Do you have pics of our arbor? I made one that spans a double car garage and had to use suspension cables for the middle section of the arbor. Yes, it was much trickier to make than I thought (warped wood, etc).

8:42 AM, February 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home