Monday, August 09, 2004

Painting Done? Really?

I think we have finally reached the official, unofficial, completion of the painting in the addition. It was a tough and grueling ordeal. One I hope not to repeat. We started painting primer on May 30th. That means we spent 10 weeks painting. No wonder I’m soooo sick of it. Even though I’m declaring that we are done, this doesn’t include much of the first floor like the kitchen and the hallway. This work will have to be done when we remodel the kitchen.

I called Dave (again – after he didn’t return my call last week). He says the electricians should be able to start next week. When I asked if this meant Monday (8/16) he said he didn’t know and asked if he should ‘lie’ to me. I didn’t know quite how to respond to this, so I ended the conversation. Very strange. Mostly, I just want to get done with all these contractors and the electrical work is the last step. I hope.

Having said that I’m probably going to hire a plumber. I really don’t want to deal with some of the plumbing needs such as the shutoff valves in the bathroom by myself. I’m also inclined to ask this new plumber to deal with the jetted tube and the outside back faucet. Even though Dave said he would install the jetted tube once the tile was set, I’m tired of calling him and asking for things. Even though the plumber would probably charge a lot, it may be worth it just to get all those things taken care of at once.

In addition to the plumber I’m definitely going to have to hire someone to install the gutters. I probably could install a component system on my own, but I think it would be better for the house if I got seamless aluminum gutters. This can only be done by a contractor. If that wasn’t enough, I’m seriously considering hiring someone to paint the exterior trim. It’s very high up and would take someone like me a very long time to do it. Jenn has already announced that she won’t be helping in that task. Oh, and let me not forget that I will need to hire someone to install the fireplace insert. So, I need an electrician, a plumber, a gutter guy, a house painter, and a wood stove installer. I guess I’m still going to be dealing with a lot of contractors. Sigh.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home