Monday, May 17, 2004

Tequila!!!

Dave needs to spend this week working on another project, so I won’t see him again until next Monday. I did talk to Hector this morning. We talked about the remaining areas that need to have drywall hung. I specifically showed him under the main stairs, the kitchen, the pantry, and the sun room skylight and under the sunroom stairs. I also asked that he skim coat the textured walls in the kitchen. For all of this, I offered to pay him an additional $600 for a total of $5000. Still, not too bad considering how much drywall work we got done and considering they are doing the job a lot faster and better than I would have done by myself. Looks like I will have to make another cash withdrawal and carry around $2800. Gah.
Something else possibly related to the drywall. This weekend, we noticed that a nearly full half-gallon bottle of tequila has disappeared! I cannot say for sure where I left it last, but I think I may have left it on the kitchen counter. There is so much chaos in the house right now, especially the kitchen and dining room areas, that I cannot say for sure that I didn’t just put it in a forgotten spot. But, I’m sure the bottle was nearly full. I have no intension of telling either Dave or Hector about this incident, but I’m not going to buy any more tequila either. Oh well, all part of the price you pay for having unsupervised strangers in your home. I hope I don’t have to do anything like this again for a very long time.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home