Thursday, September 09, 2004

I'm ready for a tub!

Met with Dave and Dale this morning. We looked at the jetted tub and tried to figure out the best way to get it in place and mount the faucet. At first I wanted to mount the faucet close to the vanity, but the height of the tub rim pushes the spout pretty far back to the edge. We considered mounting the faucet in the near right corner next to the Jacuzzi brand tag, but I’m afraid it will stick out too much right where we would be laying back. It looks like we’ll go with the original idea of mounting it next to the vanity. Hopefully it will fit. It will be close.

Still struggling to get all of the light fixtures that we’ve ordered. The ones for the master suite are on back order, but should ship tomorrow (9/10). I got an e-mail from Littman Brothers that the ones I ordered for the stairwell and hallway shipped yesterday, but I haven’t seen a charge to my credit card yet. Considering I ordered these first and they told me they were in stock and they’ve taken sooooooo long to ship and the craziness about having to call me back via voice phone about the shipping charges… I won’t be buying anything else from Littman Brothers.

I managed to cut most of the decking for the front porch last night. I wish I could get more done in an evening, but after work I’m pretty tired and it’s now getting dark around 7:30pm or so. But, I think it’s going to look very good when I’m done. I am a little bother by how dirty the existing boards are getting, but hopefully once the decking is oiled it will resist the dirt better. There was one small disappointment yesterday when I was measuring the railing cap. I found the right side railing will be just one or two inches over the 12’ mark. That means I have to cut an 18’ to fit, which means at least 3 18’ will be need to do the railing (2 in front and 1 in back – plus I’ll probably need one for the balcony too). I’m not sure I’ll have enough of the 18’. Man, I wish I had bought a bunch of extras, but at the time I wasn’t sure how I would do the railing. I got some more trim for the columns. This time I got outdoor quality trim rather than the pressed particle board crap I got last time (oops!). I also got some decent 2x6 fir boards, which I’ll rip down to 2x3’s for the collars on the top and part of the bottom of the columns. This should prove a little tricky since it will require a mitered joint, something I’ve been avoiding. Usually I just butt join everything, but the collars are going to require miter joints to look good. I’m also not sure how I’ll attach the collars, but I’m thinking counter sunk screws will work better than finish nails. I can plug the screw holes later and they should completely disappear with paint.

NOTE:Comments that appear to promote commercial web sites will be deleted.


Post a Comment

<< Home