Our living space expanded once again this weekend. We decided it might be smart to move our bed upstairs before we put the railings on the main stairs. Even though we don't have a proper frame for it, we thought it would just be easier to get the mattress and boxsprings up the stairs before the railings are in place. Work on the treads kicked up a lot of dust. So, we had to clean that up as best as possible, including damp-mopping the walls! We also needed to wait until the finish on the treads was fully cured. On Saturday we moved up.
Our first night in our new bedroom was warm, but pleasant. We left the windows open on both the east and west side of the bedroom and there was a nice breeze that would blow right through the room. The sounds of rustling leaves from the two large maples that guard both the front and back of the house in stereo was soothing. I think we're going to like our new bedroom.
Now that summer is nearing an end and the building permits are once again nearing expiration, I must focus again on the stairs. I've now got all of the wood I need to build the railings. I hope to have them mostly done by this time next week. I hope.
I have posted two new pictures. These are both looking out the windows towards the front of the house (these are the same windows that you can see in the picture of the front of the house -- top left of this page). The bedroom window is the north side of the dormer (left side while facing house), the south side is above the main stairs.
Bedroom Window At Sunset
Back to Work on the Main Stairs